Welcome to NORM-SA.
What is foreskin restoration?
“Foreskin restoration is a process for lengthening the shaft skin of the penis to restore a foreskin. Circumcision removes the frenar band, the ridged band, and all or a part of the frenulum. Although foreskin restoration cannot replace the missing structures, foreskin restoration can create slack skin that covers and protects the glans to keep the glans from becoming keratinized, just like the original foreskin. A restored foreskin also gives men a feeling of being whole again, that the parts that were cut off without their permission have been restored”.
NORM-SA provides moral and technical support for men seeking foreskin restoration. It is open to all men regardless of age, race, religion, sexual orientation or circumcision status. Many groups sponsor monthly support meetings and offer a speaker bureau. There are groups all over the world and more are being formed.
No matter where you are in the country, you are invited to join our movement. We try to ensure that regular small gatherings are held, information is handed out and support is provided, although many men remain quite internet participants. The website is intended for those who are serious to restore, with the emphasis is on providing information with little fuss, for men in South Africa and the partners they share their lives with.
NORM-SA is a volunteer based awareness and support movement. Our real strength lies with you. If you would like to become an area coordinator /hold a meeting or simply get in touch, please contact us, or even better, make use of the Yahoo Group support list by subscribing below, as all of our regular communications take place in the Yahoo Groups.
We are all equal in this movement and we need as much participation as possible. You do not have to join norm-sa in order to restore your foreskin as there is more than enough information on the internet, but the more organized our efforts are, the better chance we have to succeed in offering men a restorative choice. So we invite all people interested in foreskin restoration and intactivism to join the e-mail list so that we can keep you informed. Or visit the forum to make a comment ot post a question there.
Join the Nocirc-SA Yahoo e-mail list for supprt
- Letter to SAMA (30kb .pdf), recommendations from NOCIRC-SA about setting a clear circumcision policy for medical practitioners.
- The Ashley Montagu Resolution strives to end the genital mutilation of children worldwide. This is a petition To The World Court, The Hague. Complete the petition form and show that South African voices are growing!
- The circumcision of children for HIV is problematic and unethical.
- Mass circumcision won’t cure HIV. See our earlier statement on this matter.
- New research shows that Circumcision dramatically reduces penis sensitivity.
- The effect of male circumcision on sexuality concluded: “There was a decrease in masturbatory pleasure and sexual enjoyment after circumcision, indicating that adult circumcision adversely affects sexual function in many men, possibly because of complications of the surgery and a loss of nerve endings”
- Want to know more? A PDF file is available at Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) about Foreskin Restoration: Follow this link.
- How are you progressing? Have a look at the Coverage Index
- Hugger redesigned: The Hugger is unfortunately no longer available. Those chosing tape-less tugging should consider the TLC tugger. In the mean time consider the two most popular forms of restoration: The T-Tape and the Pill Tube.